27 August 2010

Alter Paper

I am unable to write the commentary on this that I am so desperate to post, however, here are some of the key links I've had a look at over the past few days.

I will return to this, as my health allows, and discuss it, as I've done previously. If only for my own and my families benefit.

Online version of the Alter, H., et al (2010) paper

WPI response to the Alter, H., (2010) paper

Judy Mikovits responds to the Alter, H., (2010) paper

Harvey Alter discusses the delay in publication of the NIH/FDA study

Mindy Keitel, via CFS Central, discusses the Alter, H., et al., (2010) paper

Pictorial demonstration of the MLV family, of which XMRV is only one genomic variation

I encourage people to contribute to this list, and to discuss their interpretations and what it means for them, for us and for the rest of the world. 

There are challenges already with getting the news out about this finding, and suggest that if you live in an area where you don't feel there is adequate coverage of these groundbreaking findings, inform your local news agencies, educate your government representatives, print off copies of the paper and take it to your GP.

As I stated, I would like the opportunity to discuss this paper, specifically the science, and hopefully in a few days, the opportunity will arise.  There are going to be all sorts of aspects to this scientific development, political, social, and historical.  Not being from the UK or USA, I don't feel well enough informed to address some of these adequately on my own, so I do welcome any contributions, particularly in the political and historical areas.

1 comment:

  1. hope you're feeling better soon...look forward to reading your take on it when you are. take care.

    ReplyDelete